Importing your employee roster
Before performing a random selection, you’ll want to make sure the employee roster for your company is up to date. You can do this manually – by enabling and disabling employees individually, or you can take the simpler route and upload the entire roster as a spreadsheet. Follow these steps to import your roster:
Step 1. Download the company’s current roster
- Click “Groups” from the main navigation.
- In the search box under the main navigation type the name (or part of the name) of the company you’re doing the import for and hit <Enter>. This will bring up a list of companies matching that name, click on the one you want to update.
- Click the “People” link below the search bar.
- Click the "Actions" and “Import People” buttons.
- Click on the “Existing Roster” link to download a spreadsheet (in CSV format) containing the current employee roster.
- Note: if you’re planning a selection for a consortium, you’ll need to update all of the consortium’s companies individually by repeating these steps for each company.
Step 2. Prepare the current roster
- Use the spreadsheet you downloaded in the previous step as a guide for preparing the current roster. So, the spreadsheet you prepare should include all the employees who are currently active.
- Note: if any Unique IDs start with 0, you’ll need to wrap the ID in quotes (for example “012345678” instead of just 012345678).
- Make sure to save the file in CSV format.
Step 3. Upload your new roster
- Go back to the page where you downloaded the employee roster in Step 1.
- Click the “Browse” button, and select the spreadsheet you prepared with the current roster.
- Finally, click “Save” to upload the roster to TestVault.
- Initially, you won’t see any changes to the people list as TestVault does the import in the background so that you can go on to your other tasks. As soon as it’s done, you’ll receive an email update letting you know if there were any errors or telling you how many rows were imported.